Workshop booking dates 2016/17
26 February, 2017 - 1.30pm to 4.30pm
26 March, 2017 - 1.30pm to 4.30pm
23 April, 2017 - 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Important!: Workshop is only opened if a booking is received and a positive confirmation is sent.
The VWA machine room is available to experienced VWA members, and is open on one Sunday of each month (listed above).
The workshop is only opened if at least 1 booking is received (form below), at least 7 days before the opening date. This is because a supervisor must be organised to open the workshop and monitor your safety.
The machine room provides access to a table saw, panel saw, bandsaw, thicknesser, jointer, and linisher.
Requirements for accessing the machine room are:
- Being a current member of the VWA,
- Being able to demonstrate safe and knowledgeable use of the machinery.
Access is $20 per hr, and the machine room is usually open for either a morning session or an afternoon session, 1 Sunday per month.
Note: The supervisor is present to monitor your safe use of the equipment - not to train you on how to use the equipment or act as a second pair of hands for you to move heavy timber around. You are expected to be able to carry out all your activity independently.
- All recycled timber must have thoroughly clean surfaces (e.g. paint) and certified as metal free from a timber yard. Receipt of purchase of timber, or purchase of metal scanning services, is required for recycled timber.
- You must bring your timber, tools, eye protection, and hearing protection, and leave with the same. There is no capacity to store your timber or equipment in the workshop.
- If you are seen to be using the machinery in an unsafe manner or are obviously inexperienced, then you will be asked to leave.