Public and Product Liability Insurance – A scheme for woodworkers and other craft workers.
The Victorian Woodworkers Association Inc. has negotiated a group insurance scheme to provide Public Liability and Product Liability cover for members who are:
- Woodworkers and other craftworkers who sell their products, including those who sell at craft markets and online
- Those who teach their craft to groups of 10 per workshop/class (groups of 15 and 20 available with additional cost)
- Those who demonstrate or exhibit their craft
It should be noted that this scheme does NOT cover Personal Injury to the member, or Professional Indemnity Insurance.
It is also NOT intended for:
- Distributors selling a product produced by third parties
- Manufacturing businesses, trades persons or contractors
- For those with more than two people assisting
- Sellers of food products or fresh produce
- Makers of sit-on, climb-on or ride-on toys
- Makers of knives, blades, weaponry and the like (except cutlery)
- Use or sale of cosmetics, skin care products or the like, and body painting
- Sale of imported or wholesale products
- Sale of any other products not craft related
- Installation of products when this involves alteration of, or mechanical fastening to, existing structures**
Full Membership Category
The VWA category of “Full Membership” provides this important insurance service to members as an additional and inclusive benefit. The Policy covers the registered member plus 2 persons assisting.
|Option||Full 10||Full 20|
|Period||12 months||12 months|
|Property in Physical & Legal control||$250,000||$250,000|
* Soaps and candles fees will be higher
* The insurance fees are non refundable
Extent of Cover: Australia wide (including sales overseas, except USA and Canada)
Underwriters: AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Vero Insurance
For more information about membership and insurance application contact:
Victorian Woodworkers Association Inc.
2650 Mansfield-Whitfield Rd,
Tolmie VIC 3723
For insurance information and advice contact:
City Rural Insurance Brokers Pty. Ltd.
GPO Box 7138 Hutt St,
Adelaide SA 5000
Installation Liability Option
A number of our professional members require a more extensive cover with regard to permanent fixture and installation of their work. We estimate that approx 10% of our members need protection for this activity. This will be of particular benefit to makers involved in kitchen interior fit-out work or physical attachment and or modification of, or to, existing structure.
An extension to the current policy to cover this activity has been negotiated with our broker for:
- An additional $160.00 p.a. for $10M cover and
- An additional $230.00 p.a. for $20M cover
This policy includes liability for any installation work, such as placing plugs in walls, fixing and attaching makers work to existing structures, and also includes cabinets and fitouts (provided that the particular Member is licenced to carry out such work and there is no breach of the building codes of the relevant State or Territory).
This policy does not cover members for any incidents giving rise to a claim, if Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors have been employed to perform the installation work.
Additional Insurances offered to VWA members by City Rural Insurance Brokers
- Home & Contents
- Workshop/Studio, Building, Equipment and Contents
- Personal Accident and Illness Insurance